Regarding URL Encode/Decode of the Parameter

Francis Daly francis at
Fri Jul 28 08:02:33 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 11:44:29PM -0400, m.i wrote:

Hi there,

> Now, I noticed that Nginx applies url encode to % and make it as %25 when it
> redirect the message. The parameter now become below.
> GET /X/Y/Z.aspx?id=abc%253D%253D
> I want Nginx to redirect the parameter as is. Below is the one that I want
> Nginx to redirect.
> GET /X/Y/Z.aspx?id=abc%3D%3D

What configuration do you have that shows the behaviour that you report?

("redirect" might mean one of many things. "return 301 $uri$is_args$args;"
does not appear to url-encode anything special when I test it.)

Francis Daly        francis at