Regarding URL Encode/Decode of the Parameter

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Jul 28 08:56:17 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 04:30:33AM -0400, m.i wrote:

Hi there,

> --------------------
> server {
>   listen       8881;
>   server_name localhost;
>
>     location / {
>         proxy_pass http://111.111.111.111;
>     }
>  }

When I use this (proxy_pass:ing to an address:port I control), I can do

  curl -i http://127.0.0.1:8881/X/Y/Z.aspx?id=abc%3D%3D

and I see the proxy_pass traffic is "GET /X/Y/Z.aspx?id=abc%3D%3D".

What, specifically, do you do to see something else?

Make so that I can repeat your test case and see the same result.

Perhaps I am using a different nginx version from you.

Perhaps the problem you see does not come from nginx.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org