Is proxy_cache_purge directive not available in NGINX free version ?

rebaca nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Jun 21 13:31:03 UTC 2017

Hi

I am trying to experiment with purging cache content in Nginx server. The
Nginx I have is a free version (Not Nginx Plus version).

As per one of the document from Nginx website, in order to enable purging on
Nginx, I need to use the directive - proxy_cache_purge.

But when I try to add this directive in Ngnix configuration and start the
server, I get the following error:

          "nginx: [emerg] unknown directive "proxy_cache_purge" in
/etc/nginx/nginx.conf:104"

Is this directive proxy_cache_purge is not available in Nginx Free version ?
If so it is available in Nginx Plus version ?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,275020,275020#msg-275020