How do I exclude one folder from a try_files?

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 25 08:36:24 UTC 2017

You do not seem to be understanding what you are doing.

First, all path start with '/', thus your 'location ~* wiki/images/'
directive will never match anything.

Second, why are you using regex locations? Prefix ones are most efficient
as you do not need any special processing inside the location mask.
'location /wiki/images/' would do.
'location /' is also enough as the most generic ('catch-all') prefix
location, matching all requests by default, having the lowest precedence.

​I suggest you give another look at the location
<https://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#location>
directive docs.​
---
*B. R.*