Nginx 404 while accessing app

AjaySawant nginx-forum at
Tue Jun 27 16:37:56 UTC 2017

Thanks Toker for replying. I implemented your suggestion as given below but
it is not working. I am getting same error as earlier. I am not able to
understand why nginx is taking the docroot as /etc/nginx/html instead of

server {
        listen       80 default_server;
        server_name  _;
        location /app/ {
                proxy_redirect off;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For
                proxy_pass http://localhost:8080/;

server {
   listen 8080;