Strange issue after nginx update

Andrea Soracchi soracchi at multidialogo.it
Wed Jun 28 15:40:53 UTC 2017

Hi,
could you please help me solve this issue? I'm getting crazy!

Before the nginx update my client worked perfectly: it posted files to my website without any delay.

How, after nginx update (ubuntu 16.04 LTS) I've got this issue:

- the client posts files successfully but the answer of the post is delayed. The more the file is bigger, the more the answer is delayed.

I put a sniffer into the website' server and I noticed that the nginx receives the post but it waits to transfer the file to php-fpm process, so also the answer to the client is delayed

The nginx server is:

nginx/1.10.0 (Ubuntu) and its conf is:

-----
user www-data;
worker_processes auto;
pid /run/nginx.pid;

events {
worker_connections 768;
# multi_accept on;
}

http {
sendfile on;
tcp_nodelay on;
keepalive_timeout 65;
types_hash_max_size 2048;
client_max_body_size 0;
log_not_found off;
server_name_in_redirect off;
client_body_timeout 120s;
autoindex off;
include /etc/nginx/mime.types;
default_type application/octet-stream;
ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2; # Dropping SSLv3, ref: POODLE
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log;
error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log info;
gzip on;
gzip_disable "msie6";
gzip_types text/plain text/css application/json application/javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript;
include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;
include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*;
---

and website's php-fpm conf is:

server {
listen 80;
server_name test.it;
server_name_in_redirect off;
autoindex off;
client_max_body_size 500m;
index index.html;
root /home/test/test;
location ~ \.(php|html|htm|php3)$ {
try_files $uri 404;
fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/mdtest-fpm.sock;
include fastcgi_params;

fastcgi_params config:

fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING $query_string;
fastcgi_param REQUEST_METHOD $request_method;
fastcgi_param CONTENT_TYPE $content_type;
fastcgi_param CONTENT_LENGTH $content_length;

fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME $fastcgi_script_name;
fastcgi_param REQUEST_URI $request_uri;
fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_URI $document_uri;
fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT $document_root;
fastcgi_param SERVER_PROTOCOL $server_protocol;
fastcgi_param REQUEST_SCHEME $scheme;
fastcgi_param HTTPS $https if_not_empty;

fastcgi_param GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1;
fastcgi_param SERVER_SOFTWARE nginx/$nginx_version;

fastcgi_param REMOTE_ADDR $remote_addr;
fastcgi_param REMOTE_PORT $remote_port;
fastcgi_param SERVER_ADDR $server_addr;
fastcgi_param SERVER_PORT $server_port;
#fastcgi_param SERVER_NAME $server_name;
fastcgi_param SERVER_NAME $http_host;

# PHP only, required if PHP was built with --enable-force-cgi-redirect
fastcgi_param REDIRECT_STATUS 200;

fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;

Thanks a lot,
Andrea

ANDREA SORACCHI
+39 329 0512704