Nginx support - transparent Forward proxy for internet traffic and reverse proxy for local Web server traffic

Anonymous cross anonymouscross at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 16:20:33 UTC 2017

Hi All,
We are planning to integrate Nginx in our router. Basically, we wanted to
confirm whether Nginx supports the below functionalities

1) As a  reverse proxy + Forward transparent proxy - To route the traffic
from specific domains to a  local web server and all other traffic to
public internet

2) Websocket support over reverse proxy - To support WebSocket
communication between client and local web server in Nginx reverse proxy
mode

--
Regards,
John