Using nginx as proxy

Wakkas Rafiq wakkas.rafiq at
Fri Mar 17 15:54:25 UTC 2017

server {

    deny all;

then when saw source port changing from 12000. Tried adding following but no luck:

and         proxy_bind $remote_addr:12000;

From: nginx <nginx-bounces at> on behalf of Wakkas Rafiq <wakkas.rafiq at>
Date: Friday, March 17, 2017 at 8:08 AM
To: <nginx at>
Subject: Using nginx as proxy

Hi all

I am trying to setup a simple config where tcp traffic coming in at specific port - 12000 need to be send to a specific server:3260

In this case source ip will change (which is fine) but we are seeing on tcpdump that source port is changing from 12000 to some way higher value

The server rejecting the call due to that

How do I setup so the source port remain unchanged?

I will send my config once at work - if needed

Get Outlook for iOS