behavior of cache manager in version 1.10.3

Michael Corn nginx-forum at
Tue May 16 04:45:50 UTC 2017

One more question relating to cache cleaning. If I use version 1.11.5 or
greater, and
I set manager_sleep to a small number, say 50ms,  And I set
Now, I start receiving a large file from the upstream, let's say it will
take 10 seconds to receive it.
Will the cache_manager see the cache exceeding its max_size before the
entire new file has been received and start
cleaning up older entries from the cache in parallel to the new file being
Or will it not take the size of this new file into account until it has been
completely received?