request_buffering gotchas?

sdizazzo nginx-forum at
Tue May 16 16:49:32 UTC 2017

I'm new to nginx, and working on trying to stream an upload using a
multipart-form through nginx to uwsgi and to my app.  My client posts the
request, and I expect nginx to begin forwarding it on to uwsgi as soon as
data begins coming matter what I do, uwsgi is not called until
after the upload buffers in nginx.  The entire upload completes, and \then\
the uwsgi call is made.

I am sure the correct option is

uwsgi_request_buffering off;

...but I'm wondering if there are any other requirements or options that
need to be set, or gotchas that might be thwarting my attempt to make this
work.  It ain't working and I'm at my wit's end.

Thanks in advance for any advice!