why delta only include the execution time of ngx_process_events not ngx_event_process_posted (Zhang Chao) (Valentin V. Bartenev)

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Tue Nov 7 15:02:44 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 14:36:47 MSK yang chen wrote:
> Thank you very much, but there is another question, if delta larger than
> 1ms, it will invole the ngx_event_expire_timers, why not 2ms or others? how
> do you get the value?
> if there are much events comming for 30s, and epoll_wait return quickly
> (linux) which less than 1ms in each circle,
> and the ngx_event_expire_timers will not be excecuted for 30s?

ngx_event_expire_timers() doesn't care about delta at all.  It uses absolute
time and all timers have an absolute time when they have to be triggered.
The function triggers all the timers with absolute time less or equal than
the current time.  This delta check is just an optimization.

I suggest you to read the code of the function.  It's hard to understand the
logic, if you read only the part of it and don't have the whole picture in
the mind.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev