Reverse cache not working on start pages

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Oct 4 15:39:00 UTC 2017

Hello!

On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 06:01:35AM -0400, Dingo wrote:

> Another update:
>
> I finally deleted /data/nginx/cache/*, and now everything seems to be
> working. It looks like Nginx don't bother about what cache timeout I use. If
> it is 1 day, as in the example from nginx.org, everything that was cached at
> that time will be remembered for 1 day. I have no clue why my startpages was
> not working, but they are now that I deleted the cache.

Cache validity time is determened when loading a response from the
backend based on the response headers and the configuration active
at that time.  Any futher changes to the configuration have no
effect.

So what you did is basically correct: if you are making major
changes to your caching configuration, you may need to clear the
cache manually.

http://nginx.org/