Multiple upstream_cache_status headers in response in a dual-cache configuration

rnmx18 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Fri Oct 6 12:26:19 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thank you Maxim and Reinis for your replies. I verified that when the
response from backend-hdd-cache gets cached in the front-end ssd-cache, the
response includes the X-Upstream-Server-Cache-Status header added from the
hdd-cache-upstream.Hence, I am seeing two headers in a response served by my
ssd-cache - one from the cached file, and one added by the front-end-proxy.

Yes, by adding proxy_hide_header, I was able to avoid the second header in
the response to client.

One more question: Is there any mechanism to avoid or exclude the
X-Upstream-Server-Cache-Status header (or in general, any specific headers)
from being added in the metadata header of the cached file?

Thanks,
Rajesh

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,276727,276732#msg-276732