AW: Secure connection failed on Firefox

joseph-pg nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sat Oct 7 16:27:30 UTC 2017

Lukas Tribus Wrote:
> Hello,
>

> > I'm currently testing nginx 1.13.6 x64 on my development machine,
> which is
>
> There is no 1.13.6.
>

> > I've tested 5a3ab1b5804b, 46ddff109e72, and 924b6ef942bf and they
> have the
> > same problem.
>
> Ah so you are running directly from the development tree. In that
> case, I suggest
> to bisect it to the offending commit.
>
> Try 12cadc4669a7 first of all, if that also fails try 019b91bd21cc, if
> that also
> fails try a0e472a2c4f1.
>

> > Configuration is pretty much default with HTTPS and HTTP/2 server
> blocks.
>
> If that turns out to be a regression, I assume the configuration will
> still be
> necessary, even if it is pretty much default.
>

> regards,
> lukas

Thank you for your suggestions. Turns out it's a problem with an incorrect
usage of open_file_cache as pointed out by Maxim after reading my debug log
(I was wrong when I said nothing weird happened in the log. When the same
error occurred this morning, I dig through the log and found an alert and
some signs of the problem).

I removed the directive from my config and now nginx works flawlessly.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,276738,276760#msg-276760