E3-1240 with 32GB Ram - Unable to set the optimal value for the server

Peter Booth peter_booth at me.com
Tue Oct 17 05:58:09 UTC 2017

So this message  can be interpreted:

> NOTICE: [pool www] child 25826 exited with code 0 after 864.048588 seconds
> from start

The code 0 means that the child exited normally 864 seconds after it had started. In other words,
it chose to die (probably after serving 800 or 2500 requests).
Now if your access.log indicates *which* php process serves a request
then you should be able to work out whether 864 seconds is a reasonable
time for it to have received the appropriate number of requests.

Monitoring nginx performance

The first thing is to configure nginx so that it logs how many milliseconds are spent building every request

See https://lincolnloop.com/blog/tracking-application-response-time-nginx/ <https://lincolnloop.com/blog/tracking-application-response-time-nginx/>

It’s better that you email me off-list for further discussion

Peter
peter _ booth @ me.com

Peter