Performance issue of "ngx_http_mirror_module"

安格 yuanm12 at 163.com
Thu Oct 26 07:15:02 UTC 2017

Dear All,

I have faced a issue with Nginx "ngx_http_mirror_module" mirror function. want to discuss with you about this.

The situation is like below:
While I try to copy the request form original to mirror side, if the original application can process 600 request per seconds, but the mirror environment can only process 100 requests per seconds. Normally, even the mirror environment can't process all the request in time. it's should not impact the nginx forward the request to the original environment. But we observed if the mirror environment can't process all the request, then the Nginx will fall in issue , and original environment can't feedback process result to client in time. Then from client side, it seems the Nginx is down. If you have faced same issue before ? any suggestion  ?

--

Regards,
Yuan Man (Angus)