nginx-1.12.1 ssl_session_timeout overwritten by default_server

Chase Sillevis chase at sillevis.net
Wed Sep 6 10:15:33 UTC 2017

Hi Nginx,

Today I ran into the case that the value for ssl_session_timeout was overwritten by a different server block (namely, the one with default_server). After asking around in the IRC, it seems that this is more or less expected behaviour (“I suspect as TLS/SSL is done before HTTP protocol”), however, I am left wondering which other variables, besides ssl_session_timeout, I should worry about here.

And is this indeed expected behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Chase Sillevis