auth_request called multiple times for same single request

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Tue Sep 26 14:18:51 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 26 September 2017 05:07:25 garyc wrote:
[..]

> indicate that the request was unacknowledged by the client hence the http
> request is closed along with the connection:
>
> > 2017/09/21 12:09:31 [debug] 22090#0: *1 close http connection: 3
>
> and it is marked as non re-usable?
>
> > 2017/09/21 12:09:31 [debug] 22090#0: *1 reusable connection: 0

There's no such things like "response was accepted" or "was unacknowledged".

The difference between these two cases is that in the first case the whole
request was received by nginx and the connection went into a keep-alive state.

In the second case, 30 seconds after the response was sent by nginx, the
request body still wasn't received and nginx had nothing to do than just
close the connection.

> I will have a closer look at our client code, we use a third party angular
> library to manage our uploads and as far as i can tell (from the network
> debug window in chrome) a single POST request is sent in all scenarios; in
> the 1.1GB file case the POST request times out with an ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
> error.

I suggest you to use tcpdump for investigation and something simple, like curl
as a client.

The network debug window in chrome is a toy that doesn't show you real picture.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev