Quick question about using kill -USR1 to recreate access.log

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Sep 28 14:53:29 UTC 2017

Hello!

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 01:17:35PM -0700, Alder Netw wrote:

> We came across a case where kill -USR1 doesn't cause nginx reopen the
> access.log. And we need to run nginx with "daemon off" and "master-process
> off". Is that a known issue and is there any workaround?

Works fine here, just tested.

Note though that the "master_process" directive is intended for
use by developers only, see http://nginx.org/r/master_process.  It
has various known issues - in particular, it cannot correctly
handle configuration reloads - and using it for anything but
development is a bad idea.  Don't use it unless you understand
what you are doing and prepared to deal with resulting issues
yourself.

http://nginx.org/