Can the cacheloader process stay alive and keep rebuilding or updating the cache metadata?

Lucas Rolff lucas at lucasrolff.com
Fri Sep 29 20:36:30 UTC 2017

I can’t think of any scenario, you’d want that – care to explain why you’d like this behaviour?

On 29/09/2017, 22.28, "nginx on behalf of rnmx18" <nginx-bounces at nginx.org on behalf of nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org> wrote:

    Hi,

    As I understand, during startup, the cache loader process scans the files in
    the defined proxy-cache-path directories, and builds up the
    in-memory-metadata. Once the metadata is built-up, the cache loader process
    exits.

    Is there any mechanism by which, this cache loader process can be made to
    stay alive, so that it can maybe periodically rebuild/update the in-memory
    metadata by monitoring files in the corresponding directory?

    Thanks
    Rajesh

    Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,276624,276624#msg-276624