Why are my CGI scripts not executed like PHP ?

Ralph Seichter m16+nginx at monksofcool.net
Fri Apr 6 17:26:56 UTC 2018

On 06.04.2018 19:04, Richard Stanway wrote:

> PHP-FPM is only for PHP. You'll want something like fcgiwrap for
> regular CGI files.

Seriously? But http://php.net/manual/en/intro.fpm.php states: "FPM
(FastCGI Process Manager) is an alternative PHP FastCGI implementation
with some additional features (mostly) useful for heavy-loaded sites."
I mistakenly assumed that the name FastCGI Process Manager implies this
piece of software is meant for CGI in general and used for PHP more as a
byproduct. Also, there are the nginx config file names fastcgi.conf and
fastcgi_params. Sigh. Silly me... :-P

Thanks for letting me know that I can stop wasting time with the wrong
tool for the job. I'll investigate FCGI Wrap, like you suggested.

-Ralph