Nginx C API: Traversing the configuration tree

Sam Vervaeck vervaeck.sam at skynet.be
Tue Aug 14 12:41:12 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I’m writing a small monitoring module and I need to perform some set-up after the configuration object has ben initialised. I use the postconfiguration-hook in ngx_http_module_t and would like this hook to traverse over all locations that have been enabled in my module in order to initialise some state and set up some (database) connections. Does anybody know how to traverse the locations when given the root ngx_conf_t? I’ve found ngx_http_location_tree_node_t but I’ve failed to decipher how exactly it works. Besides that, is this the right way to do so, or is there some clever location-specific postconfiguration-hook that I’m missing?

Many thanks,
Sam