gzip_static module does not obey mime types

Richard Stanway r1ch+nginx at teamliquid.net
Fri Aug 24 15:11:27 UTC 2018

This seems intentional, per the documentation at
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_gzip_static_module.html:

"The following directives are also taken into account: gzip_http_version,
gzip_proxied, gzip_disable, and gzip_vary."

No mention of gzip_types. I recommend only enabling gzip_static in a
location block where you know you have pre-compressed assets present.