Invalid character found in the request target on Confluence behind nginx

Dung Tran Tien dung.trantien at axonactive.com
Tue Dec 11 08:54:23 UTC 2018

Hi there,

Not sure I understand you correctly. If change as suggest like

location /confluence {

         proxy_pass http://1.1.2.1:8090/;

The request from the client is for /confluence/something.

The request from nginx to backend is for /something, it's not correct.

Besides that, my current configuration from this guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-use-nginx-to-proxy-requests-for-confluence-313459790.html.

Your sincerely,
Dung