Files still on disc after inactive time

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Feb 16 11:44:50 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 03:16:27AM -0500, Andrzej Walas wrote:

> After this inactive logs I have anther logs:
> [alert] 11371#0: worker process 24870 exited on signal 9

Signal 9 is SIGKILL sent to the nginx worker process.  Killing
nginx worker processes will obviously result in various problems
with caches, no surprise here.

You have to investigate further who and why sent it, and eliminate
these conditions.  Most likely it was something like OOM Killer
(check system logs), though may be something different.

Note that in nginx 1.13.0+ the log message in question will
contain PID of the process which sent the signal.  If you won't be
able to find out the source of the signal, upgrading to nginx
1.13.x might help with the investigation.

http://mdounin.ru/