Fwd: Question about wildcard nginx entry.

bukow bukowiec pythoncontrol at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 20:55:25 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: bukow bukowiec <pythoncontrol at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 9:44 PM
Subject: Question about wildcard nginx entry.
To: nginx at nginx.org

Hello, first time i am writing here, i don't know if my message will go
further :)

Anyway, can anyone tell me why nginx does not support wildcard type like:

"*.domain.tld" ?

Is that possible for nginx to this as a valid wildcard entry?

The point i ask is, there is a lot of tools and software, PaaS and others
that work on nginx.
We cant simply add "*.domain.tld" in the software because there must be
custom rule build.
( ~^(.*)\.domain\.tld$  )

Hope that makes sense.
Can someone tell me what is the truth about it, as i have no idea?

Regards to you
Thank you
Mateusz Kurowski