Optimizing nginx mail proxy

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Feb 20 13:02:50 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 02:56:40AM -0500, Azusa Taroura wrote:

> I’m trying to optimize mail-proxy.
> My performance test is 1 client sends many request to 1 nginx server.

[...]

> Low cpu usage, but the performance result is not good.
> Do yoy know how to take full advantage of nginx?

It is not clear what do you mean by "request", as there are no
requests in SMTP, and what do you mean by "performance result".

In general, there is no need to optimize anything in nginx mail
proxy except very basic things like worker_connections and
ssl_session_cache if you use SSL.  Most critical parts from
performance point of view are your auth_http backend and your SMTP
backend.

http://mdounin.ru/