NTLM sharepoint when use nginx reverse proxy

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Feb 23 12:32:11 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 04:15:31AM -0500, sonpg wrote:

Hi there,

> myserver requires NTLM authentication. I access myserver through nginx proxy
> and provide correct auth info,but the browser prompt auth again.

nginx does not support NTLM authentication.

If you need something to reverse-proxy a http server that uses NTLM, you
must write the code to make your nginx do it, or you must use something
that is not stock-nginx.

If you choose the latter, "NGINX Plus" is one thing that does advertise
NTLM support. Other things probably exist too.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org