upstream (tcp stream mode) doesn't detect connecton failure

Cecile, Adam Adam.Cecile at
Mon Jan 8 12:37:41 UTC 2018

I'm using this quite complicated setup involving SNI routing and proxy_protocol but I'm stuck on something.

Here is the configuration file:

Routing, proxy_protocol, logging stuff is working just fine, the only (quite critical issue) is that the "mag" upstream doesn't see connection failures and does not switch to the second server.

In the mag.log file I just see: [08/Jan/2018:10:56:10 +0100] proxying to "mag": TCP 500 0 239 1.01

But instead of blacklisting this server and moving to I receive a connection closed error on the client.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards, Adam.