Iimit_rate for POST operations

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Jul 4 16:30:37 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 05:56:02PM +0200, Jakub Mroziński wrote:

> I would like to throttle requests POSTed by clients. Currently
> limit_rate is only working on traffic from server to client
> (download), is there any specific reason for that it can’t limit
> “upload”?

The most specific reason is that it's not something implemented,
mostly because use cases which require upload limiting are quite
rare in HTTP.  And if implemented, it should be called
differently, as upload and download limiting are quite different
things, and using the same directive to control both looks like a
bad idea.

Upload limiting is currently only available in the stream proxy,
see http://nginx.org/r/proxy_upload_rate.

http://mdounin.ru/