How to create a module to process a data stream during transfer

jrmarsha nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Mon Jul 30 17:25:19 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I am looking for a way to do two things in particular.  The first is the be
able to have a way to direct HTTP POST's to a program's stdin with arguments
and to then take its stdout and put that back in the stream being uploaded,
and then to apply this to a flex/bison program or module.  This is to handle
300GB files without saving them to disk, but still getting the important
information out of them.  Having the general stdin/stdout part is also
because I think this should be more generalized for uploads and downloads in
general so things like streaming video become less of a problem.

Apache does not have their modules set up in such a way as to feasibly do
this without a whole new major revision.  Looking at nginx, it looks closer
but I'm still not expert enough to know without help.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,280708,280708#msg-280708