Nginx Directory Autoindex

James list at
Fri Mar 2 14:28:29 UTC 2018

On 02/03/2018 14:17, Vladimir Homutov wrote:

>> Perhaps I should have expressed it as I'd like other people to sort by
>> date and that isn't going to happen unless it's easy, ie, built in.
>> autoindex on | off | date | text | ... ;
> Well, if you want some interactive sorting, you have to do it  in
> javascript; the native autoindex module is able to output json/jsonp,
> so a simple js script may be used to implement any desired behaviour.

No, I want *other* people to sort their indices by date where
appropriate.  It's more likely to happen if it's easy - no plugin, no

Having just done my monthly check for software updates on 421 projects I
have a reason.  Many are in text sorted directory listings and would
benefit from date ordering.