Planned Features for gRPC Proxy

Ian McGraw ianmcgraw3 at
Fri Mar 9 16:50:03 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I am new to the nginx community so my apologies if this is not the correct place for this kind of question.

I see gRPC proxy is in progress for 1.13:

Does anyone know if the proxy will support host/path based routing for gRPC calls? I have a use case in Kubernetes where I am trying to expose many gRPC microservices through a single nginx ingress controller. I’m trying to find out if context based routing will be supported so I can setup rules to be able to proxy to different services.

Thanks for the help,