newbie: nginx rtmp module

Gary lists at
Sat Mar 10 16:29:00 UTC 2018

I believe you shouldn't have to compile Nginx but use the disty binary. Then you do the dynamic load trick. This way you can do "yum update" periodically without having to compile Nginx, but rather just download the latest binary.

However don't break what is working!

  Original Message
From: nginx-forum at
Sent: March 10, 2018 1:08 AM
To: nginx at
Subject: Re: newbie: nginx rtmp module

thanks again for your feedback on this thread and I see now I will have to
strip out the 'yum install' and re-compile nginx like I did before. I was
able to configure in the rtmp module using that method and video streaming
worked. The 'aaaarrrgh' bit is just working out how to get the compiled
install to serve multiple domains.

nginx mailing list
nginx at