Cache size exceeds max_size?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sat Mar 24 14:53:11 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 04:49:19PM -0400, linnading wrote:

> I've noticed that our cache directory grew over the max_size(5G) defined
> with proxy_cache_path. We're running on Nginx 1.13.5. Is this a known issue?
> What should I do to fix this?

First of all, you have to look into your logs to find out what's
going on.  In most cases, this is a symptom of another another
problem, usually nginx workers being killed or crashed.  For
example, last time similar symptoms were traced to OOM killer
activity, see here:

http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx/2018-March/055908.html

Also it might be a good idea to upgrade to a newer nginx version,
as 1.13.5 is somewhat old.  Most recent 1.13.x version is 1.13.10,
see http://nginx.org/en/download.html.

http://mdounin.ru/