Can Nginx handle millions of static pages or pictures ?

yf chu cyflhn at 163.com
Fri Nov 2 05:18:08 UTC 2018

I have a website with tens of millions of pages. The content on the page stored in database but the data is not changed very frequently. so for the sake of improving the performance of the website and reducing the costs of deployment of web applications, I want to generate the static pages for the dynamic content and refresh the pages if the contents are changed. But I am very concerned about how to manage these large amount of pages. how should I store these pages? I plan to use Nginx to manage these pages. Is it possible that it will cause IO problems when the web server handle many requests? What is the capability of handing requests for Nginx ? Is there any better solutions for this issue?