Unit 1.6 release

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Thu Nov 15 14:35:43 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm glad to announce a new release of NGINX Unit.

This release primarily focuses on improvements in Node.js module compatibility;
thanks to our vibrant community, we made great progress here.

Please don't hesitate to report any problems to:

 - Github: https://github.com/nginx/unit/issues

If you have installed the "unit-http" module from npm, then don't forget to
update it besides Unit itself.

Detailed instructions for Node.js installation can be found here:

 - http://unit.nginx.org/installation/#node-js-package

Changes with Unit 1.6                                            15 Nov 2018

    *) Change: "make install" now installs Node.js module as well if it was
       configured.

    *) Feature: "--local" ./configure option to install Node.js module
       locally.

    *) Bugfix: Node.js module might have crashed due to broken reference
       counting.

    *) Bugfix: asynchronous operations in Node.js might not have worked.

    *) Bugfix: various compatibility issues with Node.js applications.

    *) Bugfix: "freed pointer is out of pool" alerts might have appeared in
       log.

    *) Bugfix: module discovery didn't work on 64-bit big-endian systems
       like IBM/S390x.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev