Simple proxy_pass settings are invalidating/deleting multipart file data sent by POST

Denis Papathanasiou denis.papathanasiou at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 21:15:50 UTC 2018

As noted here -- https://github.com/gin-gonic/gin/issues/1582 -- I have a
simple web app that handles multipart form file uploads correctly on its
own, but when I put it behind a simple proxy_pass configuration like below,
the underlying application sees a null value where the file form data was.

This is the configuration I am using:

location / {
    proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;
    proxy_set_header Host $host;
    proxy_pass https://127.0.0.1:9001;
}

I have also experimented with setting setting proxy_request_buffering to
'off' but still gave me the same result.

If it is not a problem with the wen framework (and based on the logs I
suspect it is not), how can I update my nginx config so it works properly?