[nginx-user] Please add [nginx] to subject

Stefan Müller stefan.mueller.83 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 08:16:22 UTC 2018

Hallo,

Is it possible to configure this list to automatically prepend [nginx]
to the subject line?  I feel like I miss messages sometimes because I
don't realize it's from the list!
I subscribe to several different mailing lists and the**only mailing
list that wasn't already putting the mailing list title in the Subject
line was nginx.

Sure /nginx at nginx.org/ is fine for actively filtering, or for putting
everything into another folder, but every other mailing list I'm on tags
the list name in the subject.  I'm missing messages because they're too
easy to ignore without the word 'nginx' in the subject.
If you subscribe to several mailing lists you may want to know which
email comes from which lists at a glance. So you can easier priorities
which to read now and which later.
Sorting emails to separate folders depending on the source does have
some advantages, but personally I find it considerably more convenient
to categorize by folder after reading new emails, not before.

thank you

Stefan