Worker other than the master is listening to the socket

allenhe nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Apr 10 06:11:14 UTC 2019

Hi,

I understand it is the master process listen to the binding socket since
that's what I see from the netstat output in most time:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:28002           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
   12990/nginx: master

while sometimes I found the worker process also doing the same thing:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:28886           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
   12987/nginx: worker

So is this as expected or the nginx was just running into a bad state?

BR,
Allen

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,283700,283700#msg-283700