nginx has problem sending request body to upstream

Roman Arutyunyan arut at nginx.com
Fri Apr 12 13:59:47 UTC 2019

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 08:51:05AM -0400, allenhe wrote:
> but it looks to me the timer was set for the write not the read,

If the request is sent and the response is not yet received, nginx schedules a
timer for proxy_read_timeout.

> also the
> subsequent message isn't telling the nginx was interrupted while sending the
> request?

It is true this message is a bit misleading in this case.  Sending the request
was the last thing that nginx did on the upstream connection.  If there was any
activity on the read side after that, the message would be different.

--
Roman Arutyunyan