Client Certificate subject information

vz19 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Fri Aug 2 04:23:55 UTC 2019

Hi,

My application uses NGINX as its web server and I am adding support for
client certificate authentication. I have a requirement where after NGINX
validates the client certificate and provides access to my application, I
need to obtain the Subject field of the client certificate to parse certain
certificate details from my application. Is there a way to obtain this
information from the application level or does this information reside only
on the NGINX layer? I tried using APIs like ngx_ssl_get_subject_dn from my
application but that didn't work. Please provide some inputs or point me in
the right direction if I'm missing something.

Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,285079,285079#msg-285079