Resident memory not released

Peter Booth peter_booth at me.com
Fri Aug 2 05:57:01 UTC 2019

I’m wondering if you are overthinking this. You said that the memory was reused when the workload increased again. Linux memory management is unintuitive. What would happen if you used a different metric, say # active connections, as your autoscaling metric? It sounds like this would behave “better”.