NGINX send 206 but wget retries

Roger Fischer roger at netskrt.io
Fri Aug 2 23:05:28 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am making a byte range request to NGINX using wget. NGINX responds with status code 206 (partial content), but instead of downloading the content, wget retries.

Request:

wget -S 'http://cache.example.com/video5.ts' --header="Range: bytes=0-1023"

Output from wget:

--2019-08-02 15:36:44--  http://cache.example.com/video5.ts
Resolving cache.example.com (cache.example.com)... 172.16.200.5
Connecting to cache.example.com (cache.example.com)|172.16.200.5|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
  HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content
  Server: nginx/1.17.0a