How to add Multiple sites with ipv6 and SSL on Nginx ?

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Fri Aug 30 12:05:06 UTC 2019

> The problem is comming when I try to test both Django sites with ssllabs.com
>
> >Certificate #2: RSA 2048 bits (SHA256withRSA) No SNI
> The error what I see is "Alternative names 	wpexample.org
> www.wpexample.org
>  MISMATCH"

It is normal for clients which don't support SNI (server name indication) and SSLabs tests what happens in such case.

Depending if you need to server web for old clients (like Android 2.3.7, IE 8 / XP, Java 6u45) the only way is to set up a separate IP (both ipv4/ipv6) for each domain, if not - you can ignore the MISMATCH error (also it doesn't impact the SSLabs rating).

rr