stream server name question

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Aug 30 19:49:58 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 08:55:31PM -0400, Louis Garcia wrote:

Hi there,

> I am able to use $ssl_preread_server_name to get the server name. This is
> with https requests. Is there a corresponding embedded variable for http
> requests?

No.

"stream" does not know about http or https.

"stream" knows about tcp and ssl (and udp).

$ssl_preread_server_name is the ssl name, not the https name -- the
difference might seem subtle, but it is important here.

If you want to proxy based on https name (or http name), use "http" not
"stream".

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org