intercept and modify upgrade-insecure-request header?

mevans336 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Feb 14 14:42:27 UTC 2019

Apparently our web application server is sending an older version of the
upgrade-insecure-request header which causes a brief "page cannot be
displayed" in Chrome, but not Firefox or Safari..

We use Nginx as a reverse proxy to our application servers, can I intercept
this header and just remove it? Specifically, it looks like I can fix this
by just stripping the "HTTPS:1" header that Chrome is sending to the
application server.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,283059,283059#msg-283059