How to control keepalive connections for upstream before the version of 1.15.3

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Feb 25 12:22:56 UTC 2019

Hello!

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 03:45:27PM +0800, yf chu wrote:

> The Nginx document said that there are two upstream-related
> directives introduced in the version of 1.15.3:
> "keepalive_requests" and "keepalive_timeout".  But the directive
> "keepalive" has already been instroduced in the version of
> 1.1.4. So I want to know how does Nginx handle the keepalive
> connections for upstream before the version 1.15.3 was released.
> When will the keepalive connections for upstream be closed?

Before the introduction of "keepalive_requests" and
"keepalive_timeout" directives in 1.15.3, upstream connections
were simply kept open by nginx, regardless of the number of
requests made in these connections, or the time these connections
were idle.  Connections were closed when the upstream server
decided to close them, or when a connection was evicted from the
cache by other connections.

http://mdounin.ru/