Possible memory leak?

wkbrad nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Feb 28 20:54:24 UTC 2019

Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> so allocator will not be able to release no-longer-needed
> memory (previously used by the original configuration) to the
> system.

Thanks Maxim!  That sounds like the very definition of a memory leak to me.
:)

But I'm not sure how accurate it is.  For example, if I reload Nginx again
it doesn't then use 3x or 4x more ram.  It stays at the same, but elevated,
level as the first reload.  So it does appear to be able to release that
memory, maybe just not on the first reload.

But why would that be and is there a solution to that kind of problem?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,283216,283222#msg-283222