Best way to terminate handling a request

Ottavio Campana ottavio at campana.vi.it
Thu Jan 17 05:58:26 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am hacking the ngx_http_auth_request module (
https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/extending/examples/auth_request/ ) so
that as soon as the URL is parsed, I transfer the connection fd to another
processo through a AF_UNIX socket.

Everything is done in the ngx_http_auth_request_handler function.

I see the other process receiving the file descriptor, I must now tell
nginx to stop processing the request, to close the socket and to do
nothing. The response will be generate by the other process.

Is invoking ngx_close_socket r->connection->fd) and returning NGX_ABORT the
correct way of doing it?

Thank you,

Ottavio